In the painting process, I narrate negative personal experiences to bring them back to memory and then cancel them. I operate in a caustic manner and a sarcastic mood creating allegorical narratives that allow me to accept them. I see the whole process as a kind of personal diary made with images and objects so I can publicize and expose it to a broader audience. I become a director and narrate my parody, starring objects, images/symbols, among them, occasionally, and my image as equal to that of a cigarette, a cactus, or a toilet. The layout of the paintings on paper works like diary pages, the viewer can read in the order they want to interpret it in their way and make their narratives. In the space together with the paintings, “transformed” objects, coexist. George Georgiou was born in 1997 he has graduated the School of fine arts in Thessaloniki.
- The O Gallery, Affordable Therapy, Larnaca, Cyprus
- The O Gallery, Summer Group Exhibition, Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Exhibition of the 2nd painting Studio, Department of Visual and Applied Arts AUTH, State Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Generation 404,Underathens Association, Athens, Greece.
- Looking Back to Move Forward, Visual Space, Pallouriotissa Old Market, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- The O Gallery, Summer Group Exhibition, Larnaca, Cyprus
- Group Exhibition at OPEN ART LAB ,ΔΕΘ HELEXPO Thessaloniki:
- The 4th Art-Thessaloniki Contemporary Art Fair 21-24 / 11/2019, as part of its foreword events, presented the exhibition at the 2nd Painting Studio/ Faculty of Fine Arts, School of Visual and Applied Arts/Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, at the OPEN ART LAB, HELEXPO.
Visual and Applied Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki:
- October, 2017-Jully, 2022