Acceptance. Concept that concerns me until today. Pursuing the human body tries to substantiate and reveal inaccessible aspects that I have never dared to awake. An attempt to shake the stagnant waters of an inner dignity, that stirring the riddles which reconstructs and identifies the truth.
The art works’ idea begins as the “thin line” that defines death and eroticism –in all its magnitude- by the body as benchmark. As a conclusion is a research based on the deformity, “illness”, human experimentation and post war data, based on that particular research field changed from the embodiment of the subject to the acceptance of personal informations. All the different elements that were investigated in my art work are presented through the dominating theme of mixing bodies.
Forms entangled, mixed up, sometimes interlaced and sometimes alone shape the composition of the surface as intangible entities to a nonexistent/absent space. The subconscious consolidation of human being – anthropocentric drawings – led to the teratogenic creations, where the integration of innocence body together with the ugliness of a teratogenic form turned out to be the main theme of my work. Having a realistic suspicion as a return for the unconventional and acceptable, with the complete yield of the volume, coexist and converse with what is accepted and what is normal – simple use of outline through the drawing process – balance all the rudiments and statements.
The impersonal process of research converted to personal. Finding photographic documentary for the negotiation of personal concerns was the core of the artistic intervention. Pictures indicating death, decay, corruption, was the beginning of a process, which as fate, had an inner need of answering to experiential and empirical questions.
Pencil, charcoal, chalk form the illusion of a shadow that integrates the shapes and hides the stories of the characters. The element of transparency through the black and white materiality of my artistic pieces, is important for the puzzle that is completed slowly, but yet again dissolved to thousand of thoughts. The stagnation of the forms with my life experiences, record my personal concerns in order to let me free to connect with the viewer as well as myself.
New York Academy of Art | 2019
Master of Fine Art: Drawing / Printmaking
Aristotle University | 2016
Bachelor of Fine Art: Painting-with integrated Master’s degree
- 2020, 3 Angels Modern Gallery, Larnaca,Cyprus
- 2020, Salon Show, The Green Point Gallery, New York,U.S.A.
- 2019, Pop-Up at Di Donna Gallery, Di Donna Gallery, New York,U.S.A.
- MFA Thesis Exhibition NYAA, Wilkinson Gallery, New York,U.S.A.
- 2019, Tribeca Ball, NY Academy of Art, New York,U.S.A.
- 2018, Container & Content, Larnaca Biennale, Larnaca,Cyprus.
- 2018, Join The Dots, SaloneDegliIncanti, Trieste,Italy.
- 2018, New Horizons in Painting II: The Unpredictability of Ideas, Frissiras Museum, Athens,Greece.
- 2018, Little But Fierce, Chashama Space for Artists, New York,U.S.A.
- 2018, Deck the wall, New York Academy of Art, New York,U.S.A.
- 2018, Santo Santa, Casa Equis y Los 14, Mexico City,Mexico.
- 2018, TrabecaBall, New York Academy of Art, New York,U.S.A.
- 2017, Art Noir, New York Academy of Art, New York,U.S.A.
- 2017, Deck the wall, New York Academy of Art, New York,U.S.A.
- 2017, Lucas Venetulias, Teloglion Foundation of Arts, Thessaloniki,Greece.
- 2016, The Most Right Swiped Men, BenSousan Han, Thessaloniki,Greece.
- 2016, MoiComme Nous, French Institute, Thessaloniki,Greece.
- 2016, A Sound Mind in a Sound Body, ALMA Gallery, Athens/Trikala,Greece.
- 2016, Between Land & Sky, Dormitories former camp Kodra , Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2015, Error: Happy Accidents, Action Field Kodra, Thessaloniki,Greece
- 2015,LucasVenetulias, Teloglion Foundation of Arts, Thessaloniki,Greece.
- 2014, Art and Madness, Cultural Centre Melina, Athens,Greece.
- 2014, TelemachosKanthos Foundation, Kanthos Art Center, Nicosia,Cyprus.
- 2014, In Between, Metapolis, Athens,Greece.
- 2013, 6th International student Triennial, Marmara University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Istanbul,Turkey.
- 2013, Indications, Artis Causa Gallery, Thessaloniki,Greece.
- 2013, To the point, AngelonVima, Athens,Greece.
- 2012, TelemachosKanthos Foundation, Kanthos Art Center, Nicosia,Cyprus.
- 2011, “The Great Well-Known And Unknown”/“Paul Klee – A Walk With Color”, after 11th International Art Competition, Cultural Centre, Rybnik, Poland
- 2011, Kyrenias’ Municipality, Nicosia,Cyprus.
- 2011, Olympic Central Committee, Nicosia,Cyprus.
- 2018-19, Bob ColacelloScholarship
- 2018-19, NYAA ScholarAward
- 2018-19, Cyprus ChildrenFoundation
- 2017-19, Levention FoundationScholarship
- 2017-18, Presidential Scholarship, NY Academy OfArt
- 2019-20, Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts, Robert Blackburn PrintmakingAward
- 2017, 1stPrize, L. Venetulias competition, Teloglion Foundation of the Arts,Greece
- 2011, World Award, 11thInternational Art Competition, “The Great Well- Known And Unknown”/“Paul Klee – A Walk With Color”, Poland
- 2010, 1stIllustration Prize, Teen Novel, Cultural Foundation of the Bank of Cyprus (published in2011)
- 2008, 2ndIllustration Prize, Children Novel, C.F.B.C.,Cyprus
- 2006, 2ndPrize, DY.S.EURO European PaintingCompetition
- 2018, Larnaca Biennale, MEM The, ISBN978- 9925-7489-0-7
- 2017, The Unpredictability of Ideas: NEW HORIZONS, Author: Frissiras Museum, ISBN978-618-82154-3-6
- 2015, Action Field Kodra: Error, Author: A.F.K., ISBN 978-960-221-564-7
- 2013, Connecting the Dots: 6th International Student Triennial, Author: Marmara University Faculty of FineArts
- Teloglion Fine Arts Foundation,Greece
- Frissiras Museum,Greece
- Luciano Benetton Collection,Italy